Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Banning Library District is to provide library services and materials that are responsive to the informational, recreational, educational, inspirational, technological and cultural needs of the community we serve.
To get a library card you need a valid photo ID that has your current address on it. If your photo ID does not have your current address, proof of your mailing address such as a phone bill, utility bill, car registration or bank statement will be required.
- The first card is free; replacement cards are $4.00.
- Patrons who forget to bring in their library card can present current photo ID in order to checkout.
- Patrons over 18 without ID or proof of address can request a Computer Only card.
- New patrons are allowed up to two items at a time for the first 30 days.
- After 30 days Adults allowed up to 15 items (5 DVDs)
- After 30 days Juvenile accounts allowed up to 15 items (3 DVDs)
Library Checkout Timeframes:
- DVDs, new fiction books, magazines, music CDs, and circulating encyclopedias check out for 7 days.
- New DVDs check out for 2 days
- New non-fiction checks out for 14 days.
- Regular fiction and non-fiction check out for 21 Days.
- 3 items per subject per card
- 3 items per author per card
- 1 New DVD per card with a total of 5 DVDs per adult & 3 DVDs per child
- 5 DVDs at a time per adult patron card
- 3 DVDs at a time per Juvenile Card
- 5 Books on CD per Adult card & 3 books on CD per Juvenile card
- Magazines 3 per title per card
No checkouts or renewals will be allowed if there are overdue items and/or fines exceeding $5.00.
- A hold can be placed on any item, with a limit of three (3) per patron
- Holds can be placed in person, over the phone or online.
- Items are held for three (3) business days, after that time they will be returned to the shelf or passed on to the next person waiting.
- Due to high demand, DVDs will be held for only one business day.
- A renewal request can be done in person, over the phone or online.
- A one-time renewal limit applies to all renewable checkouts.
- 7 day checkouts renew for an additional 7 days.
- 14 day checkouts renew for an additional 14 days.
- 21 day checkouts renew for an additional 21 days.
- DVDs cannot be renewed.
- Any item that is on hold for another patron cannot be renewed.
- $0.25 per day-Books, Magazines, and Audio Books
- $0.25 per day-Interlibrary Loan Books
- $1.00 per day-DVDs, and Videos
- $3.00 per Interlibrary Loan Request
These policies are subject to change at any time.